Morgan Ward have been inspecting aircraft for almost fifty years. During that time, we’ve worked on light aircraft, business and executive jets, helicopters, military fighter jets, mainstream airlines and multinational carriers.
Over more than half a century, we have had the privilege of working with various aircraft operators around the world. We have long-standing partnerships with maintenance and overhaul organisations (MROs) as well as working closely with a diverse range of approved suppliers to the international aircraft industry.
We work alongside BAE Systems to provide NDT services for the Royal Air Force Nimrod refurbishment programme, as well as their BAE Hawk and EADS Typhoon projects.
Aircraft on Ground
Morgan Ward have an excellent record of quick response NDT support in Aircraft On Ground (AOG) situations. We have always known that sudden circumstances require rapid response times. That’s why all of our offices can be contacted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We ensure that our technicians can be on-site and ready to undertake all inspections as quickly as possible, at all times. Our AOG inspection service is available internationally, at immediate notice.
Any and all of our NDT services are available to aircraft manufacturers and operators on a worldwide basis. Smaller sub-assemblies and transportable components can be submitted for test at any of our laboratories in Manchester, Prestwick and Stansted.
Morgan Ward currently hold approvals for NDT inspections on all aircraft types as well as materials, composite/metallic components and structures under the approvals listed below:
- EASA Part 145 (European Aviation Safety Agency) – Approval Number: UK.145.00439
- FAA Part 145 (Federal Aviation Administration) – Approval Number: M9WY359X
- TCCA (Transport Canada Civil Aviation) – Approval Number: 808-33
- CESSNA – Approval Number C-230
- BAE – Approval Number BAE/AG/10316/MAA
- AIRBUS – Approval Number 183193
- GKN – Approval Number GKNAF00208NDT
Morgan Ward offer all the primary NDT methods and we are especially proud to provide expertise with any of the following advanced methods:
- Thermography inspection of Rudder Side Panels A318/319/320 & 321 (NTM 55-40-08)
- Pulse Thermography inspection of Rudder Side Panels (AD 2014-0033 & AD 2013-0302)
- Thermography inspection of A318/319/320 & 321 Elevators (NTM 55-20-07)
- Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing of Fuselage Scribe Lines
- Eddy Current Phased Array ‘C Scan inspection of skin cracks at doubler edges’ (NTM 53-30-25)
- Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing of Airbus rear spar skins (NTM 55-20-07)
- Bond Testing of metallic and composite structures
- ELCH inspections (NTM 55-40-09)
If you require any more information or assistance, please visit our contact page for details of the nearest Morgan Ward office. Alternatively please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist with your request.